Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"yea its like an addiction"

below is a direct copy from my friend alison's blog... she meet nikki sixx on a plane... hilarious story!!



Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Rendezvous with Nikki Sixx
So we get to the airport at butt-crack am last weekend to go to Phoenix for about 24 hours. Cratin's company is based there and they have one kickin' Christmas party. After we sat down to enjoy what was sure to be another crappy travel adventure when some guys walks over. I saw this tall, crazy-haired guy with leftover eyeliner on and whispered to Cratin, 'here comes a "rock star."" Unbeknownst to me, it was! Nikki Sixx walked over to our terminal and sat down. (we were certain it was him after checking his tats- oh, and my iPhone.)So, what do we do? We freak out. We're trying to get pictures of him on my iPhone from like 20 feet away. Under the armpit, acting like we are just checking our voicemail. Cratin told me about him dying and coming back alive and writing a book. All things I had forgotten about him. I bet other people thought we were stalkers or something.We didn't want to draw a lot of attention to him because frankly he looked about as happy to be there that early as we were. We also wanted to be the only ones to get a picture. Ha. He was listening to his iPhone and looking down and unfortunately they called first class to board. Of course he went on the plane (unintelligent move I thought.) Cratin thought that was the end of our fascinating adventure with him but I was freakin' determined to get a really good picture to prove to my friends that I have an exciting life!I got my iPhone all ready on the Skybridge and walked right up to him and asked for a picture. He hesitated a little bit said yes, adding "I don't look very good." What? Please! You sell out stadiums, I doubt anyone really cares what you look like.He noticed my iPhone and asked if I liked it and I said yes asking if he liked his. He said it was awesome, or something, honestly I can't remember because I said "yeah, it's like an addiction." WHAT? What the heck did I just say to him? Wasn't he the guy Cratin had JUST finished telling me about- addiction, death, life, bad idea...?!?!? I was so appalled at what I'd said I don't even think I thanked him. Cratin, of course, thought that was one of the funniest things he'd ever heard so he called all his friends to tell them. :) Can't blame him. The flight attendant asked who he was and we told him. Bad idea because a few minutes later the PILOT got on and said "...the flight attendants will be by to serve your beverage of choice to Kick Start Your Heart." Oh yeah... we checked to see if he'd heard it but he made no indication to us. As we left the airport he was on his phone again talking to someone about how no one recognized him so I waited a few minutes before touching his shoulder and whispered "thanks for the picture." He was so dang nice about it too. I guess I'll be listening to more Motley Crue for a while...(P.S. I'm not REALLY listening to that album, at least not right this second.)
Currently listening : The Heroin Diaries SoundtrackBy Sixx: A.M.Release date: By 21 August, 2007

2 comments:

Alison Sheffield said...

I'm super excited I made your hot people section. Or was it Sixx? Well whatever, I'm pretending it was me so don't burst my bubble. Love and miss you. Why'd u have to leave when Emmy is just now coming back?

Well I'll just have to send cute pics of Zane and his mullet.

Monica said...

as far as leaving when emmy is comming back... i came to cali before she decided to go to tx... so why she gotta leave when i just got here? cali is the bomb. everyone should live here.