Monday, August 4, 2008

Gonzo. The life and work of Hunter S Thompson

So I got sick last night, and was not feeling up to going to work so I stayed home. Watched some bad daytime TV through the static, but it was getting a little warm and I had to leave the apt. Found a movie theater with 3.50 showings before 6. So I went and got some pinkberry and headed down to the Fairfax theater on Beverly. Side note, there are all these folks lined up outside the CBS compound. Don't know what for. Anyways, back to my adventure. They are playing "Gonzo. The life and work of Hunter S Thompson". As one might recall, he was a writer for rolling stone in the 60's and 70's. Fear and loathing in las Vegas is also work of his. Should be interesting.

Thoughts and quotes

Before movie trivia.

The warning light atop the capitol records building spells out hollywood in Morse code.
"I like to cause a little ruckus... I like to get them concerned" -Lindsey Lohan

I wish I had a water. But this cheap theater is cash only. And I need like one more dollar for their over priced water.

Smokey treat before the movie.

And ran across the street and scored water for 1.50.

But I have been joined by half a dozen folks, so this might Blog might be cut short. Depends on how bright this screen is once the lights go down.

I would be way more comfortable if I were at my apt, on a couch and it was chilly in my apt.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: